Enable DirectPlay In Windows 10 To Run Outdated Games
1. Direct Play Download Windows 10
If you don’t have it, you first need to install Directplay before you Enable DirectPlay Windows 10. Follow these Steps for Directplay download.
- Open Run(WinKey + R) > Enter “Control Panel” > click OK> Programs and Features / Uninstall a Program
- In the right sidebar click “Turn Windows features on or off” > Double click Legacy Components > Check Direct Play > Restart Your PC to complete the directly download
2. Turn Off Antivirus to Enable DirectPlay Windows 10
Either go to the settings of your Anti-Virus or from the same un-installation destination in control Panel. Search your Anti-Virus and click on Disable Button that will, in turn, Enable Directplay Windows 10. You can also Turn Off Windows Defender to try your luck.
3. Exit Skype
Apart from Anti-Viruses, Skype plays a vital role too. Many users have reported that when they exited Skype, their games ran as it had enabled Direct Play. You can Uninstall Skype too.
4. Run The Game in Compatibilty Mode
Compatibility Mode, at last, comes in handy to take care of the older versions. Besides You enable DirectPlay Windows 10, you can also run the game in compatibility mode. Follow these steps to learn How to Run The Game in Compatibility Mode:
- Go to the Games Properties by right-clicking it.
- Click the Compatibility tab, and then check “Run this program in Compatibility mode for:”
- In the drop-down menu, check for the previous version you think your game will run for or check this guide to know whether Can You Run It.
- Don’t forget to click this option: “Run this program in Compatibility mode for” to enable directplay windows 10.
Now it’s Your Turn!
Did You enable directplay windows 10? Do let us know in the comments section!
Don’t forget to ask questions or any further advice you require on how to enable directplay windows 10.